June 24 is Pet Sitters International’s Take Your Dog To Work Day®! Here at SKOUT, we usually focus on making human besties. However, in honor of this occasion, we thought it’d be fun to learn what the SKOUT community thinks about K-9 besties in the workplace.
Highlights from our survey include:
Dogs at work are more popular than you may think!
- 14% of everyone surveyed say they bring their dog to work, at least some of the time.
- People who work in an office are even more likely to bring their dog to work -- with 21% saying they bring their four-legged friend to their workplace.
Dogs can make you happier, more productive and less stressed at work.
- 74% of people surveyed say that dogs make employees feel happier in the workplace.
- Office workers are even more likely (78%) to think so.
- 63% of people surveyed say that dogs help lower employees’ stress levels at work.
- Among office workers, that jumps to 67%.
- 43% of everyone surveyed say that dogs make employees more productive.
- Office workers especially think so - with 51% saying canine coworkers enhance productivity.
Dogs give companies a “cool factor.”
- 51% of people surveyed say being able to bring your tail-wagger to work makes your company a cool place to work. Workers age 30 and under especially think so (58%).
Best company perk? Pooches are more popular than ping pong tables.
- When it comes to perks in the workplace, the ability to bring your dog to work is preferred three times as much as the option of having a ping pong or foosball table.
One possible problem: getting along with your boss’s dog!
- 9% of people surveyed say the biggest downside of having dogs in the workplace would be having to pretend they like their boss’s dog, even if they don’t.
Dogs rule, cats drool.
- 78% of people surveyed say they prefer Take Your Dog to Work Day, while 22% prefer Take Your Cat to Work Day.
At SKOUT, we enjoy being able to bring our K-9 best friends to work. But, there are definitely guidelines we need to follow to ensure everyone in the office gets along with our K-9 bestie. Check out our tips for taking your dog to work.
If you don’t have a dog and are thinking about adopting one, consider adopting from Muttville! This San Francisco based non-profit gives senior dogs who are least likely to be adopted from shelters a second chance at love! Muttville dogs make awesome companions, especially for those workaholics who spend the bulk of their time in the office and prefer to have their dog by their side while they work!
You can scroll through the friendly K-9 faces on Muttville’s website to find the right dog for you. In addition, you can give your favorite Skouters Muttville stickers during Take Your Dog to Work Day! For every sticker given on this day, SKOUT will make a donation to Muttville. Take a look at the Muttville stickers!