National Potato Chip Day is on the 14th of March, and to celebrate, we surveyed more than 3,000 Skouters across the United States to find out what their favorite potato chip flavor reveals about them. Are you a Hot and Spicy chip lover or a BBQ chip lover? Find out what your chip preferences say about you!
96% of people say they like potato chips. Well, obviously people like potato chips… But, here’s the interesting part:
Lime/Citrus chip lovers have the most friends!
- 42% of people who prefer lime/citrus chips have 5 or more close friends.
Hot & Spicy in the bag = hot & spicy in the bedroom.
- People who prefer hot and spicy chip flavors (including jalapeno, cajun and other spicy varieties) are most likely (47%) to say they are adventurous in the bedroom.
Lime/Citrus chip lovers have the most sex!
- 19% of people who prefer lime/citrus chips say they have sex every day!
Men are from Mars, and women and from Venus. Maybe so, but they have a couple of things in common when it comes to potato chips.
- Males and females between the ages of 21 and 30 are fans of Hot and Spicy potato chips. And, according to the results above, this means they’re more adventurous in the bedroom!
- Males and females over 50 prefer Plain chips. Perhaps the older you get, the more you think a potato should simply taste like a potato.
Some chip lovers hit the gym more than others…
- Low/No Salt chip fans exercise most frequently, with 14% saying they do so every day.
- Least likely to exercise at all are people who prefer Plain chips (28%) and Cheddar chips (26%).
Late-night snacking, with Jimmy Fallon. When asked which late-night comedian they would most want to share a bag of chips with, Jimmy Fallon gained the most votes.
- 39% for Jimmy Fallon
- 22% for Jimmy Kimmel
- 12% for Stephen Colbert
- 11% for Seth Meyers
- 7% for Trevor Noah
- 5% each for John Oliver and James Corden
Speaking of personalities, let’s pop open a bag and see where the political chips fall…
Hillary – she’s all that and a bag of chips! When asked which Democratic candidate they would most want to share a bag of potato chips with, people (of all political persuasions) weighed in:
- 57% of people say they would prefer to share a bag of chips with Hillary Clinton.
- 43% of people say they would prefer to share a bag of chips with Bernie Sanders.
On the Republican side, people most want to share their snack with Donald Trump.
- When asked which Republican candidate they would most want to share a bag of potato chips with, Donald Trump got the most votes (33%) among people of all political persuasions. (As you can see below, when we conducted our survey the field of Republican contenders was wider than it is today.)
The Republican potato chip flavor poll results are in…
- Donald Trump fans are most likely to prefer BBQ chips.
- Marco Rubio fans are most likely to prefer Lime/Citrus chips.
- Ted Cruz fans are most likely to prefer Cheddar chips.
- John Kasich fans are most likely to prefer No/Low Salt chips.
CURIOUS TO FIND OUT WHAT YOUR POTATO CHIP PREFERENCES SAY ABOUT YOU? TAKE THE QUIZ!
SKOUT CHIPS IN TO HELP THE LOCAL COMMUNITY FIGHT HUNGER
In honor of National Potato Chip Day, SKOUT is partnering with our local SF-Marin Food Bank to help our local community fight hunger. With the help of donations and volunteers, the SF-Marin Food Bank provides food assistance to an average of 30,000 homes a week across the San Francisco and Marin counties.
Did you know that 1 in 4 kids in San Francisco and Marin counties is at risk of hunger? Last year, Skouters helped us raise enough money to serve 10,000 children with the SF-Marin Food Bank in honor of National Grilled Cheese Day.
This year, you can help us double our goal to try to serve 20,000 children! On National Potato Chip Day, SKOUT will donate to the SF-Marin Food Bank every time you give a Potato Chip Gift to another Skouter. Potato Chip Gifts can be found in the Potato Chip Day category of the Gift Store. If you’re not sure how to give a gift to a Skouter, click here to learn.
On March 3, SKOUT employees volunteered at the SF-Marin Food Bank to provide meals for families across both counties. In three hours, we packed 700 pounds of food. That’s the equivalent of 583 meals!
Interested in how you can help fight hunger?
- In the Bay Area? The SF-Marin Food Bank is always looking for volunteers! Check out their volunteering opportunities.
- Don’t have time to volunteer? You can always donate! For every $1 you donate, the SF-Marin Food Bank can donate $5 worth of food!
- If you don’t live in the Bay Area, find a local food bank near you to learn how you can help out your local community.
SKOUT helps you meet new people around the world, but we also want to help you connect with your local community. Find a food bank near you to learn about opportunities for you to help and make a difference.
WIN A NATIONAL POTATO CHIP DAY T-SHIRT FROM SKOUT!
Celebrate National Potato Chip Day with SKOUT! Post a picture of you or you and your friends eating your favorite flavor of potato chips to the Buzz with the hashtag #SkoutChips. The Grand Prize winner will receive a SKOUT National Potato Chip Day T-shirt! Runners-up will get 500 points added to their account!