Who is YOUR best friend? To celebrate National BFF Day on June 8, Skout asked our community all about their closest friendships – as well as which celebrity BFFs they like the most.
We’re not surprised: Men’s – and women’s! – best friends are women.
- Nearly 40 percent of men surveyed say their best friend is a woman.
- 66 percent of women say their best friend is a woman.
Women are more likely than men to have a best friend.
- A whopping 90 percent of women say they have a BFF, whereas only 75 percent of men say the same.
Most people say they’re better looking than their best friend!
- 62 percent of women and 52 percent of men think they are more attractive than their best friend.
- 40-somethings have the most self-confidence, with 64 percent saying they are better looking than their best friend.
1 in 5 people met their best friend online.
- 21 percent of people surveyed say they met their BFF online through social media or an app like Skout – including these Skouters!
Great friendships can endure distance.
- Less than half (47 percent) of Skouters say they live in the same town as their best friend.
- 24 percent of people surveyed say their best friend lives “far away.”
- 7 percent say their best friend lives in a different country!
We’re not kitten – pets are pals too!
- 5 percent of Skouters say their pet is most important to them.
- The same number of people – 14 percent – say their BFF or significant other is the most important person in their lives.
- 65 percent of Skouters say family is most important.
Ben and Matt are the top celeb BFFs!
- 27 percent of Skouters choose Ben Affleck and Matt Damon as their favorite pair of famous besties.
- Tied for second place – with 21 percent each – are BFFs Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss as well as James Franco and Seth Rogen.
- Garnering 10 percent each of Skouters’ votes were best friends Ashley Benson and Shay Mitchell as well as Bella Thorne and Zendaya.
- Finally, 9 percent of Skouters say their favorite BFFs are Kendall Jenner and Cara Delevigne.
This survey was conducted online last month among 3,306 Skout users in the United States.
Watch Skouters with their own BFFs:
BRAND-NEW FRIENDSHIP BADGES!
Show your besties how much they’re appreciated by giving them Skout’s new BFF badges – now available in the Gift Store. BFF badges are free Sunday and Monday! Tap here to learn how give gifts to all Skout friends. You can find the new BFF badges in the Badges category in the Gift Store!
WIN A SHOPPING SPREE FOR YOU AND YOUR BFF!
Want to win a shopping spree for your and your best friend? Just follow these instructions to enter to win a pair of $250 H&M gift cards – one for you and one for your BFF!
- You and your friend must each have your own Skout accounts. Aren’t Skouters yet? No problem – you can join here: http://bit.ly/1EXHusW
- Make sure you each create a SkoutID! Tap here to learn how to make a SkoutID.
- Post a photo of you and your friend on Buzz, tagged #BFF and include your SkoutIDs.
- Skout will choose our favorite photo and award the winner two H&M gift cards, each worth $250!