Just the other day the Skout Blog listed the top 10 ways NOT to start a Skout Chat. We included the boring – “Hey you there” – to the presumptuous – “Hi sweetheart.”
We here at Skout WANT you to succeed – we want you to make new friends. So if you’ve ever wondered why you’re not getting responses when you attempt to chat up a Skouter, maybe it’s because you’re not using one of these 10 opening lines:
- I saw on your profile you’re a Giants [or Arsenal or Packers or Thunder] fan, like me. How do you think they’ll do this season?
- I’m burned out on my usual places. What are your favorite clubs [or bars or restaurants]?
- What’s the last movie you saw?
- I like that photo of you. Where was it taken?
- What’s your favorite drink?
- Read any good books lately?
- Your profile lists you like shopping [or movies or bars]. Where do you like to go?
- [If you’re using the Skout Travel feature] I’ve always been interested in your country [or city]. What’s your favorite dish from there?
- Any plans tonight?
Notice a similarity? They all ask a question. Show the Skouter that you’ve looked at his or her profile and something caught your eye.
Greeting a Skouter with just “Hey baby,” and leaving it at that puts the burden of the Chat on the other Skouter, and if they don’t know anything about you, they may not bother responding. Click here for more ways to kill the conversation.