http://youtu.be/aXhbkG_1Rz8 Hey, Skouters – do you want to work on your favorite global platform for meeting new people? Join us!
Skout is looking for a Global Friendship Ambassador to join our team as an intern for eight weeks this summer in our San Francisco office.
Our ideal intern is an energetic student who loves connecting with friends through social media and mobile apps, enjoys making new friends around the world, and is interested in gaining hands-on experience in marketing.
We will put you to work performing activities such as daily in-app chatting with Skouters around the world, dreaming up community contests, producing social content, and brainstorming new partnerships, ads and virtual gifts.
The intern will also be involved in various marketing activities, ranging from social media and community engagement to public relations and advertising.
Check out Skouter Mikaela’s (SkoutID: mikamunster) three tips for being a Global Friendship Ambassador in the video above. Do you have what it takes? Excellent – then follow the instructions below to apply!
How to Apply
- Create a Skout profile.
- Email your resume – as well as your SkoutID – to GFAI@skout.com.
- Post on Buzz three photos that express why you’d be a great fit at Skout. Hashtag your Buzz posts #intern so we know you’re applying to be our Global Friendship Ambassador!
Read on for full details for the Global Friendship Ambassador position:
Global Friendship Ambassador Summer Internship at Skout Would you like to work at a fast-growing startup in San Francisco for the summer? Do you like to meet new people? Do you enjoy connecting with friends through social media and mobile apps? Is there really a job that involves these things? Yes, there is! Skout, the leading global platform for meeting new people and expanding your social circle, is offering a unique internship opportunity this summer. The Skout Global Friendship Ambassador will work closely with Skout’s marketing team as described below.
The Role: The Global Friendship Ambassador will be involved in all moving parts of the marketing department. For eight weeks, s/he will be assisting in:
- Community: Dream up fun community contests, work on community surveys, and chat daily with our users around the world. This is where your love for meeting new people and developing friendships comes in!
- Public Relations: Learn how to craft creative pitch letters to press, research and build media contact lists, develop consumer survey ideas and headlines, as well as take a stab at drafting a press release.
- Social Media: Write fun blog posts and tweets, highlight success stories from Skout’s users to share via our social channels, and assist in the production of brand videos.
- Influencer Campaigns: Work alongside our partnerships manager to line up Skout-loving celebrities to help make Skout more visible to their audiences through Instagram, Vine and other platforms. Learn about contracts, negotiation and how to analyze campaign results.
- Infographics: Have an artistic side you’d like to explore? Help create an infographic that not only reflects the Skout brand but will also highlight key learnings of various consumer survey results.
- Advertising: For every advertiser on our platform, the design team is critical in delivering eye-grabbing graphics. Assist in creating banner ads, graphics and co-branded logos for Skout.
- Skout Gifts: As part of our platform, Skout regularly designs and releases new virtual gifts for our users. The Skout Global Friendship Ambassador will help design new gifts for our Skout Gift Store.
The ideal candidates must be:
- At least 19 years of age.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Enrolled in a four-year degree program.
- Willing to suggest new ideas and provide constructive feedback.
- Hungry, eager to learn and ready to have fun!
Skout, an Andreessen Horowitz backed company, is the first location-based global platform for meeting new people and expanding your social circle. Headquartered in San Francisco, the Skout community spans more than 180 countries, is available in 14 languages on iOS, Android and Windows devices and has facilitated more than 500 million connections in 2014. Since its inception in 2007, Skout has launched a number of different features including Skout Gifts, Shake-to-Chat and Skout Travel.