Happy Valentine's Day, Skouts!It's a gloomy Monday here in the San Francisco offices and the rain is drizzling overhead, but this is the perfect weather for snuggling inside with a cutie and embracing the passion in the air.
But if you seem to find yourself out of luck (and out of a date) on this otherwise romantic holiday, we've got some fantastic news for you.
Our application is all about connecting singles who are looking to date and flirt in your area and bringing you all together. In fact, Skout has over 3 million members, with hundreds of thousands of them online at any given time, while thousands of new members join every single day. And with odds like that, the chances of you finding a last minute Valentine's Day date (or at least someone to chat with and keep you company) are pretty dang good.
In the past, we've run you through a few different awesome ways that you can increase your chances of scoring a date through Skout.
For example, sending virtual gifts through Skout is a great way to break the ice in a non-traditional way. It's easy to get a little more attention when you start off a conversation with a box of chocolates or a glass of champagne. It's cute, it's different, and it definitely brings an unexpected smile to the face of those who receive them.
We even have new Limited Edition Valentine's Day Gifts for you to send out to your favorite cuties! Check 'em out on the App!
There are other fun and easy ways to get your flirt on this Valentine's Day. And while we've definitely supplied you with plenty of dating tips as well as adventures (& misadventures) of our own, we have a quick summary here for you to help keep you on the right track:
1. Come up with a friendly intro! A simple hey or hello is passing when you're trying to get someone's attention, but something creative like an opening joke or personalized open-ended question (i.e. "I notice you wear a lot of pink in your pictures. Why is that?", etc) will generate more feedback for you and help start a conversation.
2. Update your profile pictures! Take new ones, post more angles of you, etc! Keep your entire profile up to date (including your status, your about me section, etc) to help other Skouts know that you're a real person and worthy of response.
3. Don't be desperate! Just like in real life, try to be a little smoother with your approach. Guaranteed, Skouts are more likely to respond to someone who comes off more casual and cool, rather than aggressively in need of a date. Heh.
4. Comment on someone's pictures with something specific and thoughtful! Everyone appreciates a "Hey, you're pretty hot" compliment, but a, "Wow, that red dress looks great on you" seems less like spam and is more likely to generate a smile.
5. Consider who your competition is, and try to stand out! Self explanatory, yes?
With that said, be sure to check out our "Find Flirts" feature to see who's currently online and active in your area, then start making those connections! Being alone on Valentine's Day is completely up to you. But just remember that there is an awesome solution just a tap away on your smartphone -- no matter where you are.
And as always? Happy flirting, Skouts. XOXO Cheri XOXO
PS. Be sure to let us know how your Valentine's Day is going, what you have planned, or wether or not you flirted with some cuties through Skout to bring in this romantic holiday! We'd love to hear from you.