In celebration of National Superhero Day, we conducted a super-hero inspired survey with more than 4,000 Skouters asking them about their favorite superheros. We were overjoyed to learn three out of four members of the SKOUT community say helping others in need is what makes a superhero, and nearly 80% say they want to be a superhero in real life. Check out more super stats from our survey:
America’s favorite superhero is…
- Well, it depends on whom you ask... Women said Batman. Men said Superman.
Which supervillain wins the popularity contest?
- Women prefer Catwoman and men prefer the Joker.
Batman and Robin are the best superhero BFFs.
- More than half of people surveyed (53%) said Batman and Robin are their favorite superhero friends.
- 19% said The Thing and Human Torch are their fave friend duo, 16% prefer Green Hornet and Kato, and 12% said the Wonder Twins make the best squad.
Immortality is the most wished for superpower.
- When asked which superpower they wish they had, 1 out of 3 people surveyed said immortality.
- 29% said the ability to fly, 22% said superhuman strength and 17% said superspeed.
The Batmobile is the best superhero ride.
- 49% of people surveyed said they would pick the Batmobile if they could have any superhero vehicle.
- 20% would choose Wonder Woman’s Invisible Plane, 20% would prefer the X-Men’s Blackbird and 12% would pick The Green Hornet’s Black Beauty.
A mask is a must-have superhero accessory.
- 57% of people surveyed said a mask is the most important superhero accessory, 19% said a cape, 14% said a ring, and 10% said a cool belt.
Nearly 80% of people want to be a superhero in real life. Here’s what it takes…
- 44% of people surveyed said selflessness, 37% said no fear, 11% said technology and 8% said money.
Being a superhero in real life isn’t as far-fetched as people may think it is. In honor of National Superhero Day, we are partnering with Make-A-Wish® Greater Bay Area to grant a wish to a child in need of a superhero.
Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. In 2016 Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area celebrates 32 years fulfilling magical wishes!
You can help Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area continue their incredible work granting wishes by giving your fellow Skouters a Superhero Gift! For every Superhero Gift given, SKOUT will make a donation to Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area until we have reached our goal of granting a wish. Superhero Gifts can be found in the Superhero Day category of the Gift Store.
Sending a Superhero Gift will help bring joy to a child who needs it more than ever. Help us make a wish come true for a child who needs a real-life superhero. Learn how to give a gift to a Skouter.
Is your squad worth superhero swag? Let’s find out! Post a picture of you and your squad with the hashtag #besuper to the Buzz. The Grand Prize winner will receive a SKOUT National Superhero Day T-shirt! Runners-up will get 500 points added to their account!